Titel

Chicago White Sox for the third straight game

in Terraria Disskussion 22.10.2019 10:03
von ruogu1234 • Erzabbauer | 28 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- Joe Mauer hit a two-run double that just missed reaching the seats and Kevin Correia pitched a smooth six innings to help the Minnesota Twins beat the Chicago White Sox for the third straight game, 4-3 on Saturday. Glen Perkins pitched another tenuous ninth inning but got his 19th save in 22 tries after giving up two runs to blow one the night before. Adam Eaton led off with a triple and scored on Gordon Beckhams sacrifice fly. Pinch-hitter Paul Konerko then smacked a single up the middle, but Perkins struck out Jose Abreu and Adam Dunn to end it and punctuated the final swing and miss with a big pump of his left arm. With the Twins trailing 2-1, Mauers drive in the fifth inning soared over left fielder Alejandro De Aza and landed about halfway up the wall. Kendrys Morales hit the next pitch for an RBI single against Andre Rienzo (4-5), who lost his fifth straight start. Correia (4-8) gave up five runs or more in five of his first 12 starts, sliding toward replacement in the rotation, but the 33-year-old right-hander has pitched superbly in three turns since. In 18 innings, Correia has allowed a total of two earned runs and walked only four. He surrendered his share of sharp drives on this picture-perfect first-day-of-summer afternoon, but the defence behind him didnt do him any favours. Centre fielder Sam Fuld tried to dive for a two-out sinking liner by Conor Gillaspie in the first inning, but the ball skipped in front of and past him for a triple and Abreu followed with an RBI single. Then third baseman Eduardo Escobar bungled a routine ground ball by letting it slide between his legs to start the second inning. The White Sox only needed a single, a walk and a two-out hit-by-pitch to produce the unearned run. Correias 3-1 bases-loaded fastball bounced off Beckhams elbow and hit catcher Kurt Suzuki in the throat, but he was all right to stay in the game. Escobar committed a second error on a similar play the next inning, but Correia escaped trouble with a double-play groundball by Dayan Viciedo. The Brazilian-born Rienzo, who debuted for the White Sox last summer, was 4-0 after his first six starts following the rotator cuff injury that knocked Felipe Paulino out of action. Rienzo has struggled badly since, though, by finishing the fifth inning in only two of his last five turns. His ERA during the losing streak is 8.87. The Twins hit three straight two-out singles in the second inning to load the bases, and Fuld walked to force in the first run. Then Rienzo hit Brian Dozier with a pitch to put two runners on for Mauer in the fifth inning, setting the struggling six-time All-Star and three-time batting champion up for just his fourth multi-RBI game this season. Two of those have been in this series. The White Sox have hung around the pack in the American League Central all year, never losing or winning more than four games in a row, but this has been a rough start to an 11-game road trip. They fell a season-high five games under .500 and back into last place. The Twins took a five-game losing streak into this series. Their starters have a 2.41 ERA over the last 11 games. NOTES: Mauer has 18 of his 20 RBIs this season at Target Field. ... Gillaspie went 2 for 4 to raise his average to .340, but he doesnt have enough at-bats to qualify yet for the league batting lead. In his last 30 games, Gillaspie is batting .366. ... Twins RF Oswaldo Arcia is hitless in his last 27 at-bats. ... The White Sox will send John Danks (6-5, 3.97) to the mound for the series finale Sunday, and Phil Hughes (7-3, 3.09 ERA) will pitch for the Twins. Danks has a 5.70 ERA in six road starts this season. Hughes gave up three HRs in his last home start, the only time a team has taken him deep in his last eight turns. ... White Sox manager Robin Ventura successfully challenged a call in the third inning, when Brian Dozier originally led off with a double. Replays showed Beckhams tag grazed Doziers foot before it landed on the base. Wholesale Pirates Jerseys . Gordon reportedly failed another drug test and is facing a one-year ban. Gordon led the NFL in yards receiving last season despite being suspended two games for violating the leagues substance-abuse policy. Fake Pirates Jerseys . -- Chris Crawford hit a 3-pointer with 1:36 left to put Memphis ahead to stay, and the 21st-ranked Tigers beat seventh-ranked Louisville 72-66 Saturday, sweeping the season series from the Cardinals. https://www.cheappiratesjerseys.us/ . Amaro broke the NCAA all-time record for receiving yards in a season for a tight end with 1,352 during his junior campaign, eclipsing the mark of 1,329 set by Rices James Casey in 2008. Custom Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys .com) - Bradley Beals 22 points and seven rebounds helped the Washington Wizards erase a halftime deficit and top the Utah Jazz, 93-84, on Sunday. Pittsburgh Pirates Shirts .com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday.STATELINE, Nev. -- Mark Rypien beat out Jeremy Roenick and Annika Sorenstam to win the weather-delayed American Century Celebrity Golf Championship on Sunday. Rypien took the title for the first time since winning the inaugural event in 1990. Lightning storms delayed play for more than three hours. Rypien ran away from Roenick and Sorenstam, putting up big Stableford points on his back nine, going 5 under for a record-breaking third-round total of 33 points and 76 throughout the three-day event at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. After finishing in second place in the past two years, Rypien broke through with a win in the 25th anniversary of the tournament. "In 25 years from now Ill be 76. Do you think I could do that when Im 76?" Rypien said. "It was a little bit of an advantage just from that standpoint that Im accustomed to playing in inclement weather with golf and football and then that was kind of the way it was today. It was kind of uncomfortable for everybody, but I felt fine." Rypien won $125,000 from the $600,000 purse. Sorenstam and Roenick will each get $57,500 for tying for second in the event. Roenick and Sorenstam tied for second with three-round totals of 65. It was the retired LPGA stars first appearance in the event and although she has already been invited back, she is unsure if she will play the event again next year, despite her strong finish. "I was hoping for a few more points," Sorenstam said. "I dont know if 76 would have been reachable for me the way I played today, but maybe a few more and I would have felt very comfortable and pleased.dddddddddddd" Chad Pfeifer, who lost his left leg above the knee serving in Iraq, started the day in second place, earned only 17 points and tied for fifth with former baseball star John Smoltz, who had the second-highest total of the day along with Sorenstam (23). In honour of Pfeifers effort in the event, American Century donated $25,000 to the Troops First Foundation in his name. "I truly thought after (Saturday) that Chad was going to be the player to beat," Rypien said. "After he double-bogeyed two and then came back with birdies on three and four, I said to myself, This is who I have to beat." Actor Jack Wagner, also a former champion of the event, made a strong push Sunday with 22 points to finish fourth, his 19th top-10 finish in the event. Roenick and Rypien were tied for the lead with 64 Stableford points through 15 holes when play was suspended due to lighting. Its the second day in a row weather delayed play, a short delay Saturday was also due to lightning. But following the delay, Rypien distanced himself from the rest of the field. He earned 12 points on the final three holes, starting with an eagle on 16 and birdied 17 and 18, recovering from a shot into the trees on 18. Roenick struggled after the rain delay, bogeying 17 and doubling 18 after hitting his approach into the water. It was Roenicks sixth top-10 finish in the past six years and his best in the event. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Saransh Tiwari
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2240 Themen und 5938 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 278 Benutzer (03.04.2023 03:27).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen