Titel

probably exaggerate

in Terraria Server 26.10.2019 07:01
von ruogu1234 • Erzabbauer | 28 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- This time, Jordan Morgan got the ball to bounce the right way -- and Michigan celebrated. A little more than one year after missing a last-second tip-in that would have given the Wolverines a share of the Big Ten regular-season title, the 6-foot-8 forward scored on a layup with 7.9 seconds left to give No. 8 Michigan a 64-63 victory over Illinois in Fridays Big Ten tournament quarterfinals and a shot at another league championship. "Im telling you -- I probably exaggerate -- 10,000 times, at least 2,000 times in five years Jordan Morgan has run that same drill," coach John Beilein said. "Theres a bag to hit him, you still got to catch it in a crowd and keep it up and dunk it if he can. He said he wanted to add a little drama to the game, so he decided to put it up on the rim. Illinois had a chance to win it when Tracy Abrams drove in for a layup, expecting contact, but the ball hit the front of the rim and bounced off. No foul was called. Its about time something went right for the Wolverines (24-7) in this tournament. Since going 3-0 to win the first title in 1998, Michigan has not won more than one game in the annual tourney. The Wolverines later vacated that tourney title because of NCAA infractions, and Michigan has endured everything from an embarrassing 21-turnover game in a 2006 first-round loss to Evan Turners buzzer-beating 40-foot heave, which gave rival Ohio State a 69-68 quarterfinal win in 2010. Things are supposed to be different this year. After ending a 28-year drought between outright regular-season titles with a win at Illinois last week, Michigan came into this weekend with the No. 1 tourney seed for the first time in school history and with a full head of steam -- six straight wins. But it almost happened again. Michigan blew a 13-point second-half lead, scored just six points in the final 7 1/2 minutes and then wound up getting bailed out by Morgan when Big Ten player of the year changed the play coach John Beilein called in the huddle. "I was looking to be aggressive and raised up to shoot and man, the guy guarding me was still chasing me and the big was chasing me too and J-Mo rolled down the lane and he was wide open," Stauskas said. "I hit him with the ball and he laid it in." The Wolverines usual trio led the way. Stauskas had 19 points despite going 4 of 12 from the field and 2 of 10 on 3-pointers against Illinois zone defence, Glenn Robinson III had 15 points and seven rebounds and Caris LeVert finished with 13 points, five rebounds and four assists. Yet it was Morgan, who wound up the star. He made the only two shots he took -- none bigger than the layup he never expected that sent Michigan into Saturdays semifinals against either fourth-seeded Nebraska or fifth-seeded Ohio State, who played in the second quarterfinal of the day. Michigan swept Nebraska this season and won at Ohio State in this seasons only meeting with the Buckeyes. Morgan, who missed the shot that gave Indiana last years outright regular season title, made this one. "As far as catching it, I just put it on the rim and got a nice roll," he said matter-of-factly. Ninth-seeded Illinois (19-14) was on the cusp of pulling off a major upset after finally retaking a 59-58 lead on Rices driving layup with 4:53 left. The Illini allowed just one 3-pointer, one free throw but couldnt stop Morgans layup the rest of the way. Abrams and Rayvonte Rice each finished with 11 points. Kendrick Nunn had 10 points as the Illini lost for only the second time in seven games. "Its obviously an uncontested shot that I probably could make," Abrams said. "We obviously wanted to get that one in and we wanted to win, but there was a lot of other plays that we can account back to that we could have did different or could have got an extra rebound." Illinois zone defence changed game. Following a media timeout with 11:26 left, Stauskas made two free throws to give the Wolverines a 55-44 lead. The Illini answered with 10 straight points and finally took the lead on Rices driving layup with 4:53 left. Michigan tied the score at 61 with 3:10 to go, but all the Wolverines could muster the rest of the way was one free throw from Stauskas until the surprised Morgan got the right roll. "Well, were thrilled to get that win because as you can see, as Illinois has shown in their last six games, how well the program has played after a tough January," Beilein said. "They proved how good they were, and, fortunately, we got some good bounces around the basket to finish the game." Stitched Tigers Jerseys . -- Phil Mickelson came to the St. Detroit Tigers Gear . With the union re-formed, negotiations with owners will resume Friday on the remaining issues that would be in the collective bargaining agreement, according to a person familiar with the plans. https://www.cheaptigers.com/ .C. -- Kurt Busch put his chances at "70 per cent" at running the Indianapolis 500 this year because of recent developments that have pushed a potential program along. Detroit Tigers Shirts . An offseason trade acquisition from Kansas City, Greinkes National League debut was delayed by a non-baseball injury in the spring, and he was 0-1 after dropping an 8-0 decision at Atlanta in his initial appearance with the Brewers on May 4. Tigers Jerseys 2019 . Bayern winger Franck Ribery marked his league return after recovering from a cracked rib by scoring two goals and setting up two more as the league leaders inflicted the heaviest home defeat on Bremen in the Bundesliga.HOUSTON -- Houston starter Jarred Cosart made it through seven innings for the first time in more than a month on Saturday against Tampa Bay. His performance in the 7-3 win was much more impressive considering he was battling a case of food poisoning and was ill in both the second and third innings. "I felt terrible in the third inning, I thought: Im not going to make it," he said. "But you keep pushing yourself. Its the competitive side. I didnt want to come out of the game. I didnt want to tax the bullpen and I guess I wasnt dying, so I was able to pitch." Cosart (6-5) allowed nine hits and three runs in his longest outing since May 5 for the win. Matt Dominguez broke out of a slump with two hits, including a three-run double in Houstons big third inning to help the Astros to the victory. Dominguez was 1 for 12 in the first three games of this homestand before singling in the second inning. The Astros led by one when he cleared the bases with his double in a five-run third inning that made it 5-1. "He obviously had a couple days there where he wasnt seeing the ball too good," manager Bo Porter said. "I felt like he did a great job of making them get the ball up today. The base-clearing double was a huge hit at that moment of the game." Tampa Bay starter Chris Archer (3-4) was done in by an error and a lack of control in his shortest start this season. He allowed three hits and six runs -- one earned -- with three walks in three innings. The Astros got back on track after striking out a season-high 16 times in a 6-1 loss in the opener Friday night. Dexter Fowler had two RBIs and Marwin Gonzalez, who was filling in for the injured Jose Altuve, had three hits and scored twice. Altuve missed his second straight game after being hit on the right hand by a pitch on Thursday night. "Marwin he has been absolutely huge for us the entire season," Porter said. "Whether its giving Dominguez a day at third base or stepping in at shortstop and now stepping in at second base for Altuve being hit by a pitch, hes been constant."t; Evan Longoria homered and drove in all of the runs for the Rays, who have lost 15 of their past 18 games.dddddddddddd Rookie Kevin Kiermaier doubled with one out in the first and scored on a single by Longoria to put Tampa Bay up 1-0. Gonzalez got things going in the third with a one-out double before advancing to third on a wild pitch. Fowler reached and Gonzalez scored to tie it at 1-1 on an error by Archer with two outs when he missed the catch at first base. Archer slipped and fell onto his stomach while trying to make that catch, and was unable to locate his pitches after that. He plunked George Springer on the left shoulder and walked Jon Singleton before giving Houston the lead by walking Jason Castro. Dominguez followed with his double to centre field, which hit on the wall just inches shy of the home run line, to make it 5-1. The play was reviewed and upheld. Archer escaped the inning by striking out Chris Carter. "I didnt execute pitches," Archer said. "It had nothing to do with me not making that play at first base. Yeah, I was frustrated. Theres a ton of plays in a game. There were 40 pitches after that where I could have executed." Alex Presley drew a walk to start the fourth inning and chase Archer. He was replaced by Cesar Ramos, who was greeted with a single by Gonzalez. Ramos struck out Jonathan Villar before Fowlers two-run double to centre field pushed the lead to 7-1. Desmond Jennings singled with one out in the fifth before Longoria launched his eighth home run this season into the Crawford Boxes in left field to get Tampa Bay within 7-3. NOTES: The series wraps up on Sunday when Tampa Bay left-hander David Price opposes Brad Peacock. ... Kiermaier had two doubles on Saturday to give him 12 extra-base hits in 21 career games, which is the most in Rays history in such a span, surpassing the 11 Delmon Young had in 2007. ... Houston RHP Josh Fields strained a muscle in his right forearm in the eighth inning. Porter said he didnt have any more information on the severity of the injury. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Saransh Tiwari
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2240 Themen und 5938 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 278 Benutzer (03.04.2023 03:27).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen